Building New Solidarities:
Working for Inclusive, Just, and Equal Alternatives in Asia and Europe
On 15-16 July 2016, the 11th Asia Europe Meeting (ASEM11) will take place in Ulaan Baatar hosted by Mongolia. Heads of State and Government from across Asia and Europe will meet to discuss their future priorities and plans.
Prior to ASEM11, the Asia-Europe People’s Forum (AEPF) will hold its 11th biennial People’s Forum on 4-6 July 2016 under the title Building New Solidarities: Working for Inclusive, Just, and Equal Alternatives in Asia and Europe. AEPF11 will tackle strategies on major themes or People’s Visions, representing the hopes of citizens of the two regions. These are:
· Food Sovereignty/Food Security – Beyond zero hunger
· Climate Justice - Towards Sustainable Energy Production and Use, and Zero Waste
· Socially Just Trade, Production and Investment
· Social Justice – Social Protection for All, Decent Work and Sustainable Livelihoods, Tax Justice and other egalitarian Alternatives to Debt and Austerity
· Peace Building and Human Security - Responses to Migration, and Fundamentalism and Terrorism
· Participatory Democracy, Gender Equality and Minority Rights
AEPF11 is financially supported by the ASEM Dialogue Facility of the European Commission and the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Update of this Website for AEPF11 has been made possible by Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, Germany.
The views at the AEPF11 and in its related documents are those of the participating organisations.